Design Manager, Singapore
We are seeking a talented and dynamic Design manager, with a passion and flair for luxury hospitality design for our Singpore studio
+ Are you a highly motivated interior design leader who has the passion for excellence?
+ Do you find excitement in reshaping the future of luxury, creating exceptional hotels and resorts for the best hotel brands?
+ Are you a highly strategic leader with the hands-on skills?
+ Have you been playing an integral role in overseeing, leading and growing the design business?
+ Are you an innovator with an entrepreneurial spirit and positive mindset?
+ Has your previous performance consistently been in the top ten percent?
If you can say yes to the above, we may have a career opportunity for you at BLINK Design Group.
BLINK Design Group is a premier design firm providing integrated design services exclusively within the luxury hospitality sector. We are reshaping the future of luxury, creating exceptional hotels and resorts for the best hotel brands. We are seeking a professional and dynamic Lead, Interior Designer for our Bangkok Studio.
+ An opportunity to work with all-star designers in an international environment
+ A stimulating growth environment and highly engaged culture – genuinely friendly international team
+ An opportunity to express your creativity
+ An opportunity to lead, and be a key member to shape luxury hospitality industry globally
Apply NOW or contact us for a confidential interview at: [email protected] .
The Design Manager is part of our international design studio team for designing luxury urban and resort hotel projects around the globe. You will take leadership in implementing an appropriate framework and best practices and manage the design process and essay a bridging role between the design and the delivery for Hospitality interior design projects. You will oversee project deliverables and work closely with clients locally and internationally; attend meetings; visit the sites; understand and manage resource utilisation, project cost control, value engineering, manage multiple concurrent projects and delivery.
This role will require travel, thirty percent or more, a professional presentation style, good communication skills , detail orientation and good judgment.
- Understand and adhere to the Project Plan including project design and Financial goals.
- Drive the project design forward with the Design Lead from kick-off to completion.
- Support the Design Lead as required during Concept and Schematic phases and in preparation of presentations.
- Fully involved in the project design development - work closely with the design teams and ensure design information is of the right quality; oversee the drafting of detailed workings,drawings and specifications; prepare tender packages ; ensure and facilitate that tender packages are well coordinated with all relevant technical services and operators requirements; Study construction documents and analyze and approve changes to construction design documents.
- Manage the quality of deliverables and ensure that Design documentation keeps pace withproject timescales and projects come within budget and deadlines; keep consult with executives and make recommendations for resource allocation.
- Coordinate and foster teamwork between all project stakeholders – the design teams internally the Consultants externally
- Support team through full project lifecycle from planning to construction.
- Demonstrate success in luxury hospitality design projects.
- Proven experience in design management leadership, especially in leading and managing international teams
- Strong design management & coordination skills and a representative portfolio of international projects within the luxury hospitality sector.
- Ability to thrive on working in a multi-cultural environment that calls for teamwork, initiative and excellence.
- Thorough knowledge of interior production standards, detailing, building materials, building codes, and interior construction means and methods.
- 6 or more years of experience in interior design coordination and design management, particularly in the luxury hospitality sector (both urban and resort hotels).
- Excellent CAD, SketchUp and Photoshop skills, as well as excellent hand sketching ability.
- Excellent articulation, communication and presentation abilities.
- Preferences on excellent communication in English (both written and verbal).
- Ability to travel at least thirty percent.