Head Designer, Singapore
We are seeking a talented and dynamic design leader with a passion and flair for luxury hospitality design for our Singapore interior design studio.
- Are you passionate about design?
- Are you driven by the highest level of design excellence?
- Are you excited about reshaping the future of luxury, creating exceptional hotels and resorts for the best hotel brands?
- Are you client focused and passionate about creating the best design solutions for them?
- Do you work well in a studio environment which is international?
- Do you treasure team work and know how to motivate a team to action?
If you can say yes to the above, we may have a career opportunity for you at BLINK Design Group.
BLINK Design Group is a premier design firm providing integrated design services exclusively within the luxury hospitality sector. We are reshaping the future of luxury, creating exceptional hotels and resorts for the best hotel brands. We are seeking a highly creative and dynamic Head Designer for our Singapore interior design studio.
- An opportunity to make a difference
- An opportunity to work with all-star designers in an international environment
- A stimulating growth environment and highly engaged culture – genuinely friendly international team
- An opportunity to express your creativity
The "Head Designer" is responsible for the success of our projects. You will be responsible for the creative vision, quality and performance of our interior design services, driving the combination of design and product strategy that leads to unique value propositions and significant market impact. Working closely with our Co-CEO’s and creative leadership team, you will develop and implement client development strategies.
- Collaborate and work closely with our Co-CEOs and creative leadership team to develop and implement client development strategies to reinforce our position as the preeminent luxury hospitality design firm globally.
- Lead and work on multiple hospitality design projects.
- Oversee project deliverables and resolving escalations by collaborating with client and other stakeholders.
- Be the key point of contract for projects and clients, and responsible for overall quality and performance of the project teams that you are leading.
- Have an active involvement in client engagement and business development activities.
- Develop new approaches to design process and strategy, to foster a culture of design within the practice.
- Develop next generation design talent, coach and support their professional development.
- Work closely with project leaders, design leaders and project teams across our studios.
- Overall responsibility to the projects leadership.
Key Requirements to Success:
- Proven ability to provide vision and leadership
- Demonstrated track record of successfully leading complex and international luxury hotels and resorts design projects
- Extensive experience in luxury hospitality industry globally.
- Client and operator management experience
- Proven ability to manage client expectations and build on existing relationships for long term partnerships and repeat business
- A recognized leader with the ability to articulate vision and values; create and adopt new ways of thinking and working; engage and motivate at al levels within the organization; and maintain a creative, collaborative, productive and positive work environment
- 10 or more years of experience in interior design and/or interior architecture, including 8+ years of recent experience with international luxury hotels and resorts
- A representative portfolio of award-winning, branded interior design projects within the luxuryhospitality sector.
- Experience developing and leading teams in executing major account projects.
- Must be results-oriented and understand the importance of design excellence and project execution.
- Ability to travel at least fifty percent.